Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mia's Birthday - The Party







We had a wonderful day for Mia's party. Mia had a rough day though because she got tooth number 2. There are no pictures of anyone but me holding Mia because I was pretty much the only one allowed to. Oh well, as my mom said in her infinite wisdom, "That's how it goes when you are one." Mia loved the cake although she is not one to just dive in - that was Tyler who immediately pulled both antennae off the butterfly. Her favorite gift was a lollipop from Grammy Posch. She has her daddy's sweet tooth. The beautiful dress she is wearing was a present from my mom that we actually found in January when we were in Arizona.


Carly is so sweet with Mia. She is so good with her and worked so hard to make Mia laugh and giggle. We had a great day just hanging out with family, eating some good food and drinking some cool drinks and celebrating Mia's first 365 days here with us. We thank God each day for our two wonderful healthy happy kids and the joy they bring us every day. Even when Mike and I fell into bed exhausted that night, we wouldn't have changed anything - the craziness of the day, the sleepless nights of this past year. It's all so perfect and wonderful. If I could stop time I would but I can't so I just keep focued on making every day special and cherishing the chaos of having a one year old and a three year old. Let year two begin!

No comments: