Thursday, October 23, 2008

October 6

From this:


To this:


Well we made it to Arizona in one piece but barely. We left the house at 6:30 this morning and due to mechanical issues we didn't get to Arizona until 3:00 pm, which would have been 5:00 pm central time. I told Mike, if I can do 11 hours in airports and airplanes with two kids by myself we can do anything. The kids were just wonderful. I will probably never forget getting off the first plane and while we were waiting for the second plane, I decided to get the kids happy meals and do a quick potty trip and diaper change. We returned to our gate and everyone was gone. Come to find out that they changed our gate and we had to trek 1/2 mile to another terminal. No stroller, carrying two happy meals, Tyler's backpack, my backpack and a sleeping child while trying not to lose the second child who is desperately trying to keep up with my almost-running pace in a packed O'Hare airport. Literally by the end of the day, I felt like I had been run over by a truck but we made it back to our second home, always sunny, warm, beautiful Arizona.

No comments: