Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Grammy Posch!

Somehow the weekends seem to be getting shorter and shorter and trying to pack everything into two days requires some creativity. This weekend, it meant pumpkin carving at 10am on a Sunday morning followed by a birthday party for Grammy Posch. Tyler and I have been talking about pumpkins and jack o' lanterns for about three weeks now. I thought this was just going to be the most exciting activity for him - a memory he would treasure for years to come. It didn't quite work out as I had envisioned it in my head. Tyler had zero interest in pumpkin carving, pumpkin scooping or even watching us carve the pumpkin. He took one look at the inside of the pumpkin, said "Eww!" and was off to watch Caillou. Which I promptly turned off, telling Tyler that we were going to carve pumpkins together as a family. Yeah, that didn't have much of an impact either. As I am constantly reminded, things seldom go according to plan when you have a two-year old. As you can see from the pictures, Mike carved the pumpkin, Tyler ran around the house with a blanket over his head and Mia watched from her bouncy seat, I videotaped -stopping momentarily to keep Tyler from causing any bodily injury to himself or anyone else.

Grammy's party was more Tyler's speed. In fact, I think only saw him for about 10 minutes the entire afternoon. He was off outside playing football with Carly and Chase and then inside wrestling with Mike and Uncle Eric. It's so nice that he is now at the age where he can just go and play and I don't have to worry about him every second. Mia made the rounds, being passed from Grammy to Aunt Lori and back again. Happy Birthday Grammy Posch!











2 comments:

Heather Plis said...

Oh how funny! Sounds like some of the plans I conjure up that don't go like I'd think they would! You are absolutely right...what is is for the life of a two (or even almost 3) year old! They sure are fun though and keep us on our toes!
I had to laugh at Mike using gloves getting out the "mushy gushies". Hysterical! Love you all!

kristin bustamante said...

ha ha, I love how the Insight Bowl shirt has been relegated to the pumpkin carving mess :) we didn't carve pumpkins this year, just picked them out at the pumpkin patch and displayed them on the front porch. Gabi was more interested in the straw on the ground than the pumpkins surrounding her!