Friday, October 26, 2007

Picture Day

So off we went again. For the fourth time in two weeks, I rose early and began the laborious process of preparing the kids for getting their pictures taken. Did I mention the pictures weren't until 3:20 p.m.? So after baths, wardrobe selection, lunch (during which I had to remind Tyler several times that we don't put our fingers in ketchup and then run them through our hair) and naps we were off. Since the first three times have been met with limited (actually no) success, we decided to drive to a different portrait place located an hour away. All the signs were pointing to a successful venture - everyone was well rested, Tyler had watched an hour of Barney in the car and Mia was happily chomping ona pacifer. I had somehow managed to shower, dry my hair AND put on makeup. Everything was going well, that is until we sat them in front of the camera and Mia immediately dissolved into tears while Tyler pleaded with her, "Please don't cry sweetheart. Ty treat. MOM, TY TREAT PLEASE. No cry Mimi." Well this went on for about 20 minutes, while we all tried to cajole Mia into just one smile. We finally left, heads down in defeat. The sympathetic photographer suggested we try back in a few weeks. I am sure she doesn't have children or she would never have suggested such torture.









The irony is that as soon as I got everyone back in the car for the long ride home, Mia was all smiles and giggles as we got to enjoy an encore presentation of Barney's awe-inspiring "Moovin and Groovin" dvd.








Here are some pictures from this last week. Tyler doing a dress-rehearsal for Halloween, Mia(with lots of Aquaphor on her face) watching me make dinner and pictures from the pumpkin farm.






3 comments:

Heather Plis said...

Oh Kel...I feel for you. I thought it was third time is a charm. I'm guessing there will not be a fifth time for a while? I am so excited to frequent your blog and see what is going on in the Posch family. Your children are just so beautiful! And they look so much like the two of you!

Unknown said...

Kel - good thing we passed on to you that great sense of humor! Also glad you were able to talk Ty out of the Dra outfit!!

Unknown said...

(that should say DORA!)