Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hungry Girl Book

Ok so I got the new hungry girl cookbook and it is so good. I got it at Costco for $10! If you are not familiar with Hungry Girl check out her website. I have made a bunch of things out of it and since we don’t like a lot of artificial sweeteners I just sub those out. A lot of whole grain and vegetable recipes and Mike and the kids have no idea they are eating something healthy. The banana pancakes, cinnamon rolls (not really healthy but only 150 calories), egg dishes and broccoli slaw are amazing. I have so many of the pages bookmarked to try. The other thing I discovered because of this book are VitaTops - OMG!! You will never believe that they could have so many vitamins, so few calories and taste. I bought the Deep Chocolate ones at Super Target in the freezer section and the kids and I ate them all on one day. You can buy them online and I am sure Whole Foods and the more high-end stores have them. Now the are not cheap but they are extremely healthy and have a lot of fiber which Mia needs so I am willing to pay the $1.25 or so a muffin top. I toast ours. You have to try these!

No comments: