Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve









Christmas Eve was at Mike's parents house and it can be described in two words - UTTER CHAOS, caused by my child for the most part. Mike's mom had the house perfectly decorated and cooked a wonderful dinner but Tyler was just in sensory overload. He had never seen so many presents or eaten so much candy and junk food. He just went from one present to the next ripping off wrapping paper, sliding down the steps face first and just running around like a crazy person. He was a little out of control and then came a formal sit down meal at 6:30 p.m. Need I say mome? These are the parts of Christmas that somehow never make it in the Christmas carols on the radio... And Mia is going through a stage of stranger anxiety so she only wants me or Mike to hold her so by the time we got home Monday night we were just exhausted.

Tyler opening the last day of his advent calendar - every day he asked me a million times to open another day and I would say, "Tyler what is the rule?" and he would tell me, "one a day." And then ten minutes later, he would be asking again.




Tyler feeding the reindeer a carrot




Mike's parents' house with 10 people all opening gifts at the same time

















Here is a copy of the letter Santa left for Tyler


12.25.07

Dear Tyler,
Thank you so much for the milk and cookies! I was very hungry from delivering gifts to all the good little boys and girls and those cookies really hit the spot. I love drinking milk because it helps keep me big and strong. Thank you for putting out enough carrots for all of the reindeer - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner Blitzen and Rudolph. Your mommy and daddy told me what a good boy you have been this year and what a great big brother you are to baby Mia. I am so proud of you. I am going to be checking in with mommy and daddy all next year so keep it up. Help your mommy and daddy and make sure you listen to them. See you next year!

Love,






Santa

No comments: