Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Look Ma, I'm Ready to Crawl!?

If you haven't heard, we have been getting walloped with ice storms which means we have been having lots of "Just Ty, Mommy and Mia" days, as Tyler like to call them. I have another phrase that I occasionally use but Tyler's is much nicer.. Anyway, while we were stuck in the house all day, I was getting Tyler juice. We are working on manners because this is how Tyler asks for juice, "Mom, need more juice NOW!" Anyway, I digress. When I came back into the room, Mia had managed to get herself up on all fours and was rocking back and forth desperately trying to figure out how to crawl. I thought this was a fluke but she has been doing this all day now and when Mike got her up from her nap at 6:00 p.m (yes this has been a rough day) she was doing it in her crib. It is so funny to see this little 14lb, 4 month old baby trying to crawl. Her other feat these days is rolling over in her crib from stomach to back. She is then stuck there like a turtle and cries until I come in and flip her over. The other night we did this every 2 hours.. I think this is my punishment for letting her sleep on her tummy. I just wonder why this never happened with Tyler. I don't know if it's because she is so much more active or just her own little "issue" but we sure would like to get back to our normal 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.


The toys that suddenly seem exciting when you see your baby sister using them.



Best cookie to make with a 2 year old - Take a tube of peanut butter cookie dough. Make balls and dip them in colored sugar. Bake and then stick a Hershey kiss in the middle. I put Tyler in charge of opening the kisses and he literally spent 30 minutes doing this. This is a lifetime for Tyler. We might make these year around, every day :-)

No comments: