Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December 18

I started off the holiday season with ambitious plans to have a cookie decorating party for Tyler and friends but as the days passed and I got further behind in the shopping and decorating department, I decided to simplify this year. Next year we will have 20 crazy 3 year olds fling icing on the walls. This year we settled for making gingerbread houses with my friend Jen and her daughter Maddie.


Jen and I constructed the houses and then let the kids go to it. I think for every one piece candy that made it on the house two pieces ended up in their little mouths but this was our first go-around and the name of the game was for the kids to have fun. By the time they were done decorating the houses, they were on a major sugar high and spent the next hour giggling as they wildly chased each other around the house. Tyler is hooked. He keeps asking me, when are we going to make more gingerbread houses.


Two of Tyler's very two-year old quirks - Whenever he does something that could cause him bodily harm (with Tyler these incidents occur almost hourly) and he falls or gets hurt I say, "See Tyler, I told you that was going to happen." So now before I even get a chance to correct him he says, "See mom, I told you." The other very funny one is that when he says a word that I can't understand and I repeat the wrong word back to him he says, "Nope Mom. Try again." Oh how this little guy can just crack me up!

No comments: