Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 16-17



We had our dear friends over the dinner Saturday night. It is a great match because we have kids close in age and Maddy and Tyler have very similar personalities (strong-willed) and Jen and I are both pretty laid back. So it works out well. Jen cooked a wonderful dinner and I made the mistake of thinking chocolate fondue would be a good idea for 2 year olds - lesson learned on my part and they did have fun. Maddy and Tyler were my helpers in making the salad.
Today I asked Tyler to tell me a story. Here is a snapshot of the conversation:
Me: "So tell me a story."
Tyler: "Once upon a time there was a witch." Long pause
Me: "What kind of witch?"
Tyler: "A pretty witch who lived in the ocean."
Mike: "Did she have a boat?"
Tyler: "A speedboat." pause "Don't be scared Daddy."
Mike: "What else about the witch?"
Tyler: "The witch eats hot dogs, peas and ice cream."
THE END

No comments: