Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jan 31 - Feb 6



This past week has brought snow, more snow, thunder snow (this is the newest term our highly skilled meteorologists have thought up) rain, ice and blizzard-force winds. In case you are wondering Chicago is on track for the snowiest winter ever so it has turned out to be a good year for us because Mia likes to stay at home and sleep and Tyler likes to run around in the nude all day or maybe in his Spiderman underwear if I am lucky. If you have been following the potty-training. It's done! Tyler is fully potty-trained. He wears a pull up at night but he wakes up dry so we can probably cut that out as well. I just know my son and know that if he isn't wearing a pull-up the nighttime manipulation tactic to get out of going to bed is going to be, "but daddy I have to go to the potty again.". Those smart two year olds. Now when I tell a tiny white lie (and those parents who say they never lie to their kids - well yeah right) anyway, if I say, "Oh that is not on tv right now." Tyler will say, "Well let me see." Where does he come up with that?!
Preschool enrollment is very competitive here in Chicagoland. More competitive than perhaps college since you practically have to enroll a year in advance. And, I can't believe I did this, but I actually set my alarm clock on Sunday night and woke up at midnight to call in and get Tyler into the program we liked the best. Then, being the helicopter parent (another new media-coined term) that I am, I went on Tuesday and met with the Director for a little face-time so I could make sure I saw her put his name in the computer in the right class. How ridiculous I have become.
Right now, the countdown is on for "Go Diego Go Live." As you probably know by now, Tyler adores Diego and saw a commercial for this show and said, "look Mom, Diego is coming to Chicago!" So Mike is going to leave work a little early on the 20th and meet us at the Sears Center for the action-packed live show. It was between going to see Rush or Baby Jaguar (tickets practically cost the same). Actually this is going to get us out of having to go see the Wiggles so Mike is all for it.
Also, if you wonder why Mia is never smiling in her pictures, every time the orange flash lights up she just freezes so I only get good pictures when it is really light outside and I don't need it.
Funny Tylerism. The other day I was changing Mia's diaper and he keeps reaching his hand up the back of my shirt and the first couple of times I just wasn't really paying attention and then I finally asked him what he was doing and he said, "Just scratching your back for you Mommy."
Mike teaching Tyler guitar-hero.

1 comment:

Heather Plis said...

Oh it must be the age...I have heard those exact words come out of Haley's mouth..."well, can I see" or "show me Mama". Like today she asked to take her paci to MOPs and I told her she could, but that I'd hold it for her (since she is not allowed to take the paci out of her bedroom anymore) and I have taken it before and kept it in my purse, but today I actually forgot. And when we were on our way she exclaimed from the backseat, "PACI"! And I said oh I have it...and she asked, where...then I said it's in the bag...and she asked which bag, and I said the diaper bag in the trunk. Whew! I got away with it today.