Thursday, September 11, 2008

Feeding Myself



Mia is really intent on feeding herself. It goes pretty well until she loses patience with her sppon and just starts picking up the bowl and trying to eat right out of it. Let me just tell you that suction cup bowls do not work. Save your money. No matter how hard I try to get it stuck on there, she is focused on getting it off and she ends up with food all through her hair, in her ears and over every orifice of her body and she HATES getting wiped off. Tyler reports all of this to me in a running commentary while I am trying to get his breakfast and my breakfast ready. "Mommy, look what Mia is doing. Mommy, Mia is getting applesauce everywhere. Mommy, Mia is not using her spoon. Mia, why are you making such a mess. Mommy, Mia has applesauce in her hair. Mommy, Mia has applesauce on the floor. Mia, you are so messy." This goes on and on with no pause. I guess it's better than him watching tv while he eats and just as entertaining.

No comments: