Sunday, November 30, 2008

November 26




Last year, my friend Sarah told me about Elf on the Shelf so about a month ago I bought it and put it away. Today, we pulled it out. Essentially, Sammy, our elf, sits around in our family room all day and observes Tyler and Mia. Each night, once they have gone to bed, he flies to the North Pole and reports to Santa to let him know whehter they have been naughty or nice. Then he flies back and sits in a new spot the next day. Every morning, Tyler runs downstairs looking for Sammy's new resting spot. It doesn't seem to freak him out but the elf is definitely quirky looking. My brother-in-law jokinly said to me, "You know that is manipulation, bribery and blackmail." My reply, "I am all for that!"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yesterday after about the third meltdown, I took Tyler by the hand and stood in front of "Elvis the Elf" and said, "Elvis, do you see how poorly Tyler is acting? I hope that you report this behavior to Santa." Tyler looked horrified! He stopped the meltdown and said, "Please Elvis, don't tell, I promise that I will be a good boy." I am happy to report that we had a great day...not a single meltdown or even a raised voice!=) Gotta love a good bribe and and some manipulation.

PS- Target has Rose Petal Cottage on sale this week for $89 (I think...I know is is $20 off!)