Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 23

So if any of you have been wondering why I am so behind in blog posts. I have a good reason.. This morning we went to a lovely Christmas coffee at our friend's house. Kids came home and took a nap. Mia had just woken up and was eating lunch when all of a sudden I hear the sound of rushing water. This was not in a Tyler just woke up and flushed the toilet kind of way so I am trying to figure out what is going on when I look in the family room and see water coming down from the ceiling all over my new chair, new flat screen, Bose stereo system, etc. So I am just panicking and in my panic thought, "I need help." So literally I leave Mia sitting in her highchair and run across the street to my neighbor who is a builder and he runs over, shuts the water off and realize we had a pipe freeze and burst. This has been a bit of a disaster as you can see from this picture of my family room. The wood floors in the adjacent room buckled and will need ripped out and replaced. Two days before Christmas and my house was literally wrecked from ripping out drywall and trying to dry out the water. From the time the pipe burst to the time we got the water shut off was only 5 minutes. If this had happened an hour later, I would have been out shopping and I wouldn't have a family room anymore so that is the only blessing in all of this. Our homeowners insurance will cover it and I am fighting with the builder as to why I have a new home with a burst pipe but it still stinks. So please learn from my mistake and learn where your water shutoff is. I was actually shown at one point when we moved in but I have post-baby brain and knew it would take me more time to find it than it would to go get help.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh My!!!! Not a great way to start off Christmas week. Hope things are going better. I will give you a call next week. L-Sarah
Happy New Year