Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April 22 - 30

As I am typing this I thinking how busy we have been but at the same time I can't really recall why.. We spent most of last week watering our new grass because of lack of April showers and then the entire weekend worrying that it was going to die because it snowed - only in Chicago... We have been working diligently on finishing Tyler's room. These are pictures of where we are to-date. We should be done with painting this weekend, window treatments have been ordered so we can get rid of the bed sheets - finally! But, the crib is going nowhere fast. Mike had a temporary moment of insanity Friday night and asked Tyler if he would like to start sleeping in his big boy bed. While I was picking up my jaw off the floor (we had not discussed it prior to this) Tyler said, "Yeah! Let's go to bed right now!" Well, 2 hours later, after much crying and several trip out of bed, Tyler moved back into his crib. Maybe in 6 months or so... I am happy to keep the crib crowded in the room if it means more sleep for all of us.


Mia continues to be a challenging sleeper. She sleeps through the night (sometimes) She takes naps (sometimes). She wakes at 5 a.m. and won't go back to sleep (all the time). She is just much different than Tyler. She is not really cranky so we are just going to go with the flow and know that in a few years we won't remember these sleepless nights. (Why do I keep saying we? "We" means me in case you are wondering. Mike is a very sound sleeper and I don't want to have to worry that is he going to fall asleep at the wheel on some country road so I keep our little party girl company at 2 a.m.) Still no teeth. I thought she may be teething a couple of days ago but nothing has progressed. Both kids are going to have Daddy's spring allergies and it doesn't help that we live next to fields and have wind like you would not believe. I would not believe it had I not just witnessed Tyler's huge playhouse fly across the lot next to us and end upside down. I don't know why I didn't take a picture but I am sure I will have another opportunity.

Mia is starting to get into everything. Her favorite activity is crawling from artificial tree to artificial tree pulling out the grass, scattering it everywhere and then trying to stick as much of it into her mouth as possible.


We had a couple of play dates last week. One of our friends has a little 3 month old baby and my friend Stacey was shocked at Tyler's love of babies. He begged me to hold the baby and just kept saying, "Mommy, Neveah is so cute!" He stood guard over the baby the entire time. It was so sweet.

We planted little trees for Earth Day last week. I will post pictures. Tyler calls them, "my baby trees" and he very carefully planted them in holes and then proceeded to run them over with his dump truck. Our vegetable garden should be interesting this year. Taking Tyler to the nursery is an experience because he keeps picking flowers for me to put behind my ear. It was one of those things that I did once that I will regret forever. I also have to be careful with him in the produce department because he will just walk right over and take a bite of an apple and put it back.


Tyler has become a puzzle freak. We just stumbled upon a 24 piece jigsaw puzzle one day and he became hooked. He literally does at least 10 puzzles a day and will sit for almost an hour doing the same puzzle over and over.


Yesterday the housekeeper was here and I was upstairs showing her something while Tyler was eating lunch. Realizing it was awfully quiet, I went downstairs and Tyler had gotten a bowl, a spoon and a half gallon of ice cream out of the freezer and had made himself a bowl of ice cream.
Me: "Tyler, what are you doing?!"

Tyler: "I got some ice cream for lunch."

And then he went back to watching Diego while he ate his ice cream

What a silly question Mom...

No comments: