Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 15

Today I hosted a neighborhood tea. It was a lot of fun aqnd we met a lot of new nice neighbors it but made for a very busy week of cleaning and shopping. This morning really started off with a bang when I was in the kitchen making breakfast and Tyler was playing with one of my purses and he says to me, "Mommy can you help me get this kitty toy in your purse." I look up and Tyler is holding a dead mouse by the tail. The cats must have killed it and Tyler thought it was one of their catnip mouse toys. I said to Tyler, "TYLER THAT IS NOT A MOUSE TOY!! Please drop it on the ground and let me wash your hands!" Once we kind of understood what I meant, he thought the whole thing was hysterical. The only thing that would have been worse is if this whole event at taken place while our house was full of women and kids.

I knew we had about 20 toddlers and preschoolers coming so I had set up multiple play stations in different rooms on the first floor and the night before we had spoken with Tyler ad naseum about the virtues of sharing. When everyone arrived, he was a little overwhelmed but as the morning progressed he got more comfortable and by the end, when someone was thanking him, he answered back, "It was my pleasure."


Maria, the cat, made a lot of new friends. All the kids were just hovering all over and she just sat their purring. I am sure there were about 10 little kids who went home begging their parents for cats.

No comments: