Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 17

I went and got my hair chopped off this morning and Tyler FREAKED out. Tyler is very opinionated about my hair. He likes it blow-dried straight. He does not like it wet. He does not like it when I wake up in the morning and he does not like it when I curl it. Most mornings this is what I wake up to as I am trying to burrow my head under the pillow, "Mommy, I don't like your hair like that." I didn't tell anyone I was getting it cut off because I myself didn't decide until I got there so when I got home and Tyler saw me, he just turned white as a ghost, dropped his lunch and ran into the office where he proceeded to hide for the next hour. He refused to look at me for most of the day. I honestly wouldn't have gotten it cut if I knew he was going to get so upset but Mike really likes it and it will be nice and cool for the summer.

This crazy outfit Mia is wearing is actually a pajama top paired with winter paints and a polka-dot onesie. This is what happens when daddy dresses her, not realizing that there are actually several thousand shades of pink used in baby girl clothing. Now that Mia is more mobile, her and Ty really play together. It's still hard for Tyler to share his toys with her but he loves rolling around with her. The other day, I saw him head butting her so I said one of those things you think you are never going to have to say to your child, "Tyler, no head-butting Mia." And little Mia sits there smiling and laughing. Tyler's response, "See Mommy, Mia likes it when I head-butt her.

We took the kids to the park this afternoon. It was a beautiful park in a prairie preserve area. Tyler is digging in his pocket for money. He just got a piggy bank and is on a mission to commandeer any and all spare change. After we went to the park, we went to Barnes and Noble to get a Dora book on visiting the dentist. Tyler has his first dentist appointment on Wednesday and is not very enthusiastic about it. We have already read the book about five times and so far he is no more excited about it.

No comments: