Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 3

Pool Day!
We had another rainy Saturday so we took Tyler and Mia to a local indoor pool. This was Mia's first time in the pool and she was a little hesitant at first. When Mia is a new situation, she won't cry but she is very quiet and expressionless and holds onto me very tight. The other day when we were at the doctor's office, I asked one of the nurses to hold Mia while I helped Tyler with the potty. When I came back to get Mia, her face was bright red and her eyes were as big as silver dollars and she was very obviously right on the verge of bursting into tears. The nurse said to me, "You could tell she was terrified but she held it together." Anyway, she was very hesitant in the pool but once she got used to it and all the commotion, she started to smile and laugh and probably most importantly to me, her skin was fine. This is a good sign for the upcoming summer.

When Tyler woke up from his nap and we told him we were going to the pool, we immediately stripped out of his clothes and put on his bathing suit, no assistance required. The one problem with this was that it was only about 45 degrees outside. He was so excited and it's amazing how fast a toddler can move when properly motivated. He had a blast and the whole way home kept saying, "I had so much fun at the pool."


And can I say that only a guy would think to include his 9-month post partum wife's bikini body in the picture. Ugh, this is the only picture that was not too awful to post.

I took Tyler on errand this morning and we were at The Children's Place clothing store and Tyler says to me, "Mommy, look at all the scarecrows!" For the longest time I could not figure out what he was talking about since it's a little early for Halloween clothes until I realized he was referring to the mannequins..

No comments: