Saturday, March 22, 2008

March 22







We had egg hunt number 2 this morning. Much better than the first. It was actually held at a church (inside) with 12,000 eggs and we had no idea it was such a big event. They organized it so each child had to follow a course and went from room to room collecting a certain egg color. It worked out really well and took us about 30 minutes to find all of Tyler's eggs. He had fun but I think was a little overwhelmed by the number of people. When we first walked in, he was holding my hand so tight. The first time I didn't need to say, "Tyler, please hold mommy's hand."


This evening, we went to church so we can have a lazy Easter morning. Here are some candid shots of us getting ready to leave. Mia wore one of her "showstopper" bows and there was an older woman who saw her at church and said to me, "Oh, that is just wonderful, she is just so beautiful." I just love bows on Mia too. I smile every time I look at her. This last picture is me trying to eat clam chowder with both kids on my lap. And yes, Tyler has his finger up his nose. We promised him a bike if he stops doing it. It drives me so crazy I have resorted to bribery. Mia is starting to like baby food less and less so I have been letting her try some new things. She had hummus for the first time this week and loved it. Tonight she had part of Tyler's vegan burrito and loved that too. My kids seem to love spicy, flavorful food. I wonder if it's because that is the kind of food Mike and I like and they got in-utero and through my breastmilk. I wonder if that makes a difference?..


Tyler loves this new truck Aunt Lori and Uncle Eric got him for Easter. It's so big that Mia fits in it!

No comments: