Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 23





Happy Easter!

Late last night, Mike and I put together an easter egg scavenger hunt for Tyler. Similar to the one I did for Valentine's Day but with eggs hidden in every room. He really wanted nothing to do with the Easter Bunny this year due to the "scary easter bunny" in Rosemary Well's Chocolate Chicken book. I didn't think the Easter Bunny was portrayed in a scary manner but he hides behind trees and that creeps Tyler out. So anyway, we told Tyler we would meet the Easter Bunny outside that night and hide the basket for him. So after he found all his eggs, we gave him some clues and he found his basket in his closet. I think the most exciting thing he found in his basket was a $2.00 box of Diego Band-aids. Mia's favorite part of the Easter Basket was the cellophane grass that we are still finding in the family room.






I was not ready for dyeing eggs with Tyler so we made bunny cupcakes which may have been just as messy but very fun for Tyler.






We had Mike's parents over for dinner and just had a very relaxing day. One of the best holidays yet with the kids.. The one picture is me trying to get Mia and Tyler to sit together for a picture together. Now that Mia is crawling there is no sitting still for pictures. Mia is wearing a dress from great-grandma roos. I had one just like it when I was her age so it is very special to me and hopefully something I can preserve for my grand-daugher. The lamb Mia is holding was a present from Grammy Posch. It is so soft and beautiful.


The "men" watching basketball after dinner...

No comments: