Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 29







THE BIG 3 0!

Today was the day that I officially went from being in my twenties to being in my thirties. UGH! Somehow, to me, that sounds a lot worse than saying I just turned 30..

Mike really went set the bar high for his upcoming 40th birthday (I have 2 years now to figure out what I am going to do to top the wonderful day he planned today). Late Friday night after I had gone to bed, he decorated the kitchen with streamers, balloons and flowers. This morning he got downstairs before me, before he showered or had coffee, (which if you know Mike that in itself is a major event). He took Tyler with him and Tyler was in awe and yelled to me, "Mommy, please come downstairs." When I got downstairs, Tyler and I got doused in silly string. It was so funny watching Tyler's reaction you would have thought he got shot with real bullets. Mike then watched the kids while I went and got a pedicure and manicure and did some shopping. When I returned home, there were beautiful tulips waiting for me from my brother Matt and his girlfriend, Lisa. Thank you so much!!


While I was gone, Mike helped the kids make me a beautiful card with their handprints and they wrapped gifts for me. Later in the day, we had cake and raspberry champagne and then Mike and I went out to a wonderful dinner. He had the restaurant print menus that said, "Happy 30th Birthday, Keli! March 29, 2008." so I will always have a treasured keepsake from this perfect day. He really knocked this one of out the park.

No comments: