Monday, June 2, 2008

June 1

A busy weekend of playset building and party planning.


The playset is about 75% done. Mike worked on it all day Saturday while his Mom watched Tyler and Mia and I ran errands for Tyler's birthday party next weekend. His Dad came over on Sunday and they worked almost all day until cold Amstel Lights beckoned them to take a break and it was all over from there. It was a beautiful day and they deserved a little time to sit in the sun and enjoy it. We have such few days of good weather here, you have to take advantage of it when you can. Tyler and Mia went in the pool and played on the water table. Tyler loves working with Daddy and Papa outside. I asked him if he wanted to go to Target with me and he said, "No, I want to stay here with the guys."
Pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth these days either shocks me because he sounds so grown-up. Here are a couple of them:
"Mia is my best friend forever and ever"
"I don't like Mia anymore. Mia, you are not invited to my birthday party."
After he wakes up from his nap, "That was a great nap. I have my energy back."
The art of negotiating -
"Mommy, can I have one cup of juice before my milk."
Me: "Yes, you can have one cup and then you have to drink your milk."
Tyler" "Ok, just two cups of juice and then I will drink my milk."
Tyler's thoughts on Mia and eating -
"Grammy, Mia can't eat cake. She only has gums, no teeth yet. She wants me to eat the cake for her."
Tyler on sharing with Mia -
Tyler: "Mia, that's my toy!"
Me: "Tyler, share with Mia."
Tyler to Mia: "Mia, do you want to share this toy with me."
Mia to Tyler: blank stare
Tyler to Mia: "Thank you little Mia."
Tyler to Mia: "Mommy, Mia told me she wants me to have the toy."

No comments: