Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 15



Happy Father's Day Mike!

This is what the sky looked like when we woke up this morning. This is about as close as we have gotten to a tornado. And, I was seriously considering taking the kids down to the basement right after I sprinted down the driveway to retrieve the Sunday newspaper before it got wet. The winds were so strong that it took Tyler's playhouse and blew it across the lot next to us breaking it into pieces along the way. But it was all over by 8 am and we took Mike out for breakfast before we sent him off for a few hours to himself and a massage. Just a word about Mia's eating habits. With Tyler ,I was very conscientious about reading all the "what to feed your baby" materials. I made him special "baby" meals and introduced one food at a time. I read all the expert advice that said, if they don't like it, keep feeding it to them, they will eventually eat it. Well here we are 3 years later and he eats okay but Mike and I eat everything and really expect the kids to as well. I can't make multiple meals because I can barely find the time to get one on the table. The new rule in the Posch house is that you have to take one bite of everything or you can't play outside after dinner. So with Mia, I am trying a very different approach. She eats everything I eat. I do eat pretty healthy, especially because I am still breastfeeding but for example she eats organic spinach tofu pockets, hummus on crackers, fish, steak, brie, pesto pasta, asparagus, cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli. She eats it all. When we were at breakfast she had orange zest french toast with anglais creme sauce and crabcakes eggs benedict. I am hoping that if I just feed her whatever we eat instead of making her "baby/toddler" food she will never develop these pesky eating quirks that Tyler has. We'll see. Maybe this can be my ubiquitous book idea.


In the afternoon, we got the kids' pools out and there they sat and played for almost 2 hours while Mike continued to work on the play set.


No comments: