Monday, June 23, 2008

June 19


We are really trying to work with Tyler on sharing, taking turns, using manners and just speaking and acting in a kind manner so I made this very rudimentary chart. Every time we catch Tyler doing something kind, we call it out and he gets to put a Barney sticker on the chart. When he collects 5 Barney stickers, he gets to choose something from the kindness bag of goodies (which is basically treats and small toys). At first, he didn't understand the concept at all and thought he would be getting to pick a treat right away but I think he is starting to understand. Although when Mike got home from golfing on Saturday and I told him Tyler got to pick his first treat for brushing the cat (albeit with the grill brush but the effort was there) Mike made a big fuss and asked him what he did to deserve a treat and Tyler said, "Pushing Mia down and taking her toy." I was a little stunned but I don't think he was paying attention to what Mike asked him or at least that is what I keep trying to tell myself.

No comments: